Monday 3/7/11 – Students worked on Cognitive Tutor in the Lab.
Tuesday 3/8/11 – Students wrapped up their JIGSAW investigation with Function Transformations (Target #7) and participated in modeling the graphs through “Algebra-cise” to help them better visualize the movement of the graph based on the changes in the equation. See this past Friday’s post for a list of notes taken today in class.
Wednesday 3/9/11 – Students will have a quiz over Target #7 – Predict how changes in an equation will affect the graph of a function.
Wednesday HW – create a practice test using each of the targets – due Friday.
Students may access several examples on previous blog post back through 2/4/11 to study for our assessment.
Thursday 3/10/11 – Cognitive Tutor Lab
Friday 3/11/11 – Test – Relations & Functions Targets #1 – 7
- Determine if a relation is a function.
- Determine the domain and range of a function.
- Identify dependent and independent variables of a function.
- Evaluate a function for a given value.
- Identify multiple representations of functions. (equation, graph, table of values)
- Recognize different function families. (linear, quadratic, exponential, absolute value)
- Predict how changes in an equation will affect the graph of a function.