Monday 3/7/11 Lab – Cognitive Tutor
Tuesday 3/8/11 – Discuss / Check HW from Friday – to create a scatterplot with data collected from Look Out Below Lab
Students entered data into graphing calculator and found the equation for the curve of best fit to model; then used their equations to answer questions.
HW – bring in a pack of skittles / m & m’s for “Invasion of the Wiggies” Lab Wednesday;
“Invasion of the Wiggies” Lab & Notes for Target #4 – solve problems involing radicals & rational exponents.
HW – skills practice pages 633-636 Due Friday
Thursday 3/10/11 Lab – Cognitive Tutor (retake quadratics, if needed).
Friday 3/11/11 Stamp & check HW over radicals & rational exponents. Quick Quiz
HW – Create a Practice Test covering properties of Exponents #1-7 (see unit organizer).
Properties of Exponents Test is Tuesday 3/15/11!!!
- List the factor pairs of a composite number. □
- Apply rules of exponents to simplify algebraic expressions: Multiplication Properties □ Division Properties □ Negative Exponents □ Zero Exponents □ Power Rules □
- Multiply and divide numbers in scientific notation. □
- Solve problems involving radicals and rational exponents. □
- Recognize equations □ and graphs □ of exponential functions.
- Evaluate □ and graph □ exponential functions.
- Model real-life scenarios using exponential functions. □